Why should you allow your supplier to micro-manage your lumber and panel product, inventory needs?
Because it saves you time and money:
- By carrying a smaller inventory you save on inventory financing.
- With regular deliveries and a smaller onsite inventory you save on warehousing and storage costs.
- With a smaller inventory your warehouse staffing and management costs can also be reduced.
- By having product delivered, as needed, you can reduce the impact of inventory aging.
- Your supplier can help you predict future needs based on past performance, allowing you to schedule deliveries accordingly and leaving you and your staff free to focus on other aspects of your business.
- A load can be held ready at all times by your supplier to cover emergency needs.
So when you’re thinking about your inventory needs, discuss it with your supplier and investigate how they can save you time and money with inventory management.